Wednesday, June 20

Where's my Office?

Last night the entire contents of my Tombstone practice were shipped to me in a crate, right down to the last vial of blood! I took the train in immediately and found the Undertaker's shack standing in its place! I was ENRAGED! Trying to boost his own business by increasing the chances of mortality! SHAMEFUL!

But it was later I learned that this entire fiasco was an ACCIDENT by the confused Mr. Wraith. He hadn't seen me in town in two weeks and decided I didn't want to practice anymore.

RUBBISH!! Did he not notice the new medical charts I had hung on the walls, that I had JUST RECEIVED for my Birthday on the 18th? And he should have known full well that I am on call in three regions. All he had to was send me a telegram and I'd be there whenever I was on the clock!

He did apologize profusely to me, explaining he has been a bit muddled lately. His apology was graciously accepted, furthermore my old friend Finn Fitzgerald is building a NEW Doctor's office for me in the style of one of the office from the other Tombstone we both once inhabited in its beginnings.

I did take a breather and wandered into Apache territory (don't try this at home, I had already introduced myself to the chief as a Medicine Man). As a Steelheader I readily recognized the glyph of Kokopelli on the fountain. The lovely Chief explained that the puddle of mud before me was sacred, being revered for its healing properties, as well as the fountain, which was likewise blessed by the spirits. Merely wallow in the first and bathe in the second and you shall be healed.





I asked some of the squaws gathered in the village if they could give me a hands-on demonstration of this process, since my sciatic nerve was still pinching me something fierce. They only giggled and shared something humorous among themselves.



And belated birthday wishes to Miss Emilly Orr! I knew we had the same birthday, but ou did not want to make a big row about it, but since everyone is, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! A lovely bottle from Acedia Albion should be coming to you in mail. You may return it to her in exchange for something very nice indeed..

And also thank you for the link to this item. I'm afraid my neighbor would not approve of me keeping such an item on the premises..especially one of the jars in particular.

~Dr. Mason

1 comment:

itsdavidvc said...

I asked some of the squaws gathered in the village if they could give me a hands-on demonstration of this process, since my sciatic nerve was still pinching me something fierce. They only giggled and shared something humorous among themselves.

*falls off his throne laughing*

Oh Doctor! You're killing me! I can do much better at..

Wait..sacred mudbath and pool?

*grumblegrumble*

~BW