Monday, June 15

OSGrid: Welcome to Quirm




Quirm is a small village surrounding a lake, with plenty of greenery. Gaslamps light the cheery walkways. There are several "stores" made from carriage houses, of furniture free for the taking. The forethought into this building this place stands out from the primitive designs I've found elsewhere in this frontier. The town has a printing office, and they have a newspaper, the Ruth. While they seemed to have printed at least two issues, I was unable to open one of the papers. I immediately discovered why.

This construct was out of order. She appeared to have confused the printing press with a laundry press, and caught her skirt in the machinery. The horseless carriage was impressive, but...they'd have to take it apart to get it out of the store. Also, like Caledon, there are no wide roads. in addition, the lagstorm was horrendous! I tried to speak to a grayed-out lady of apparent high breeding (based on the shape of her hoopskirt) only to have her blink out of existence on multiple occasions. I started to wonder if the buildings were held together with tiny two-prim screws...

There was also an inventor's store, giving away more graphophones. There was even the beginnings of a library! Cultured folk indeed! My kind of people! I found a building supply store with a sign apologizing for removing items "not fitting with the theme of the community". Ah, a Mayor with vision!

All the time I explored, however, I could not escape the feeling I was being watched...

1 comment:

hba said...

Ye Gods Doctor! Whilst it's good to see you finding a home once more, I have to say that the Behemoth you have spotted looks dashed unfriendly!